Skip to main content

THE LOVE FOR RATNA CAFE!



In a bustling lane in Triplicane stands a restaurant known for its magical Sambar. Magical, indeed.
           I am an ardent fan of South Indian food and a day is incomplete without a South Indian breakfast.  Especially after a morning walk in the Marina you would definitely crave for an amazing breakfast and I can assure you, Ratna cafe serves the best❤





         But try avoiding the peak hours as the sambar is not at its best. It was heartbreaking (yes, that is how much I love this place) to hear my family call the sambar 'okay' and this was just because we visited it on a Sunday morning when the place was packed. The staff also had a tough time. So try visiting on other days of the week and I assure you, you will not be disappointed.
I visited the triplicane branch thrice and their breakfast menu is simple yet amazing! From idlies in the pool of sambar to aromatic ghee roast every single dish is simple and flavorful!




MUST TRY


Their Idlies of course! Try them! Please! You will see this on most of the tables and watching them serve is a delight!


Ghee roast is something you must try! The aroma of ghee as they bring it to your table is so pure❤







How can someone forget their onion Oothapam, loaded with podi and onion! If you are a Oothapam lover, Ratna cafe serves one of the best.

 Other things I would recommend is their Sambar Vada( for the Sambar of course), Rava Masala Dosa(I actually loved it), and the cute Dosa Combo and their Sada Dosa as well

                                                                                   
















AND....

Last and the best 

FILTER COFFEE! (OR RATHER KAAPI!)




If you are a filter coffee enthusiast like I am , this will make you fall in love with it all over again! 

Tell me a better way to end a south indian breakfast! 


PICTURE CREDIT: MY AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHER FRIEND :)

THANKS FOR READING,
HAVE A NICE MEAL :)



Comments

  1. Ratna cafe can make even a delhiite like me crave South Indian breakfast everyday.🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amateur photographer friend hmmm.. wondering who.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep wondering.. Very difficult to guess😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOWCARPET FOOD WALK!

SOWCARPET FOOD WALK Sowcarpet, a part of North Madras is nothing like the other places in Madras.. er.. Chennai. I reached Sowcarpet on a Tuesday morning with my best friend who loves exploring food as much as I do. We wanted to try as much as we could and see what the hype is all about. I had already done a fair bit of research 😂 and had a list of things we should try. We reached there by 10 I guess and were super hungry as we skipped breakfast. Mint street in Sowcarpet is known for its amazing food joints and we entered the mint street which has a beautiful Jain temple as well. KAKADA RAMPRASAD 🍛 Mint Street, Sowcarpet, 348/343, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600001  I love Dhokla for how sweet, spicy and soft it is and undoubtedly Kakada's Dhokla is one of the best I have had in Chennai and Delhi. Though I have not tasted it in Gujarat, I can safely say  that this will not disappoint you. If you are a Gujarati craving for Dhokla, Kakada Ramprasad